7m Lowering Octagonal Mast
- Base plate mounted as standard, but can be designed for in-ground mounting
- Hot dip galvanized and can be powder coated or painted in the colour of your choice
- Mast head tilts all the way to ground level for easy access
- Eliminates the need for EWPs (Elevated Work Platform)
- Simple, practical design making operation a very safe procedure
- Able to be operated by one or two people
- Mounts any type of antenna
- Tamper resistant bolts and lock
- Access box on base of mast
Customization to individual requirements including:
- Grounding/surge protection to protect equipment against lightning
- Mast head design allowing for antenna array, sectors, etc.
- Additional mounting brackets along length of mast
- Stand off bars, access doors, boxes, etc.
This product has been specifically designed to meet a demand for a tall independent antenna mast that can be lowered allowing for convenient adjustments and or maintenance of mounted equipment. The pivoting design of this mast means that it can be lowered by the individual before re-raising and locking into place. In addition to the mast this kit also includes a reinforcement cage, stud bolts and counterweight. As with all of our in-house fabricated products you can expect uncompromising standards and a robust, real-world tested mast that will provide the peace of mind that it will perform it's intended role for many years to come without requiring ongoing maintenance. If you have specific requirements such as additional brackets, different footings, head arrangement, etc our fabricators are able to modify/build the mast to suit. Telco's drafting team produce documentation for our unique products and technical drawings relating to this mast are available upon request. Perfect for mine sites, airports, and rural facilities, these masts offer a simple, safe, and effective method of RF equipment maintenance that can be carried out by one or two people. The lowering mast is the ideal solution where space is limited and cherry pickers are not feasible. The height of the mast also lends itself for use by clients looking to mount antennas high enough to clear trees or other obstructions in order to receive a clearer and stronger signal. Future proofing comes in the form of convenient access to the mast head and as new technology becomes available you will be able to easily replace/upgrade antennas, radios etc. to ensure that you are achieving the best performance possible. Although circular hollow section has great strength in compression it is not ideal for withstanding lateral loads, the tapered octagonal profile of this mast provides great strength as the sides act in a similar manner to stiffener plates while keeping the overall weight of the unit low. Having a higher capacity to withstand lateral loads means antennas such as big dish antennas with large sail areas can safely be mounted without fear of wind damage. Please contact us for orders of multiple masts, trade pricing and to discuss customisation of mast for a specific project. Due to the complicated nature of tower infrastructure it can prove extremely valuable to have an engineer approved recommendation for a solution that will accommodate a particular project. Telco offers a Tower Recommendation Proposal Consultation Service, this provides the customer with a report that can be used for planning of communication assets.