Optus 4G Huawei E589 Patch Lead
- Connects the USB modem to your antenna (FME Male).
- Heavy duty short-barrel TS9 connector
- 15cm of RG316 cable
- Helps boost signal strength and speed of your MIMO LTE 150Mbps rated device
Why use an external antenna?
Next time you're out-and-about look around you - every day thousands of Australians use external antennas to enjoy fast, uninterrupted wireless broadband internet. If you're in a rural, hilly, low signal area, or you can't get a good signal indoors there's no need to tear your hair out over slow mobile broadband crashing or dropping out half way - an external antenna is often all you need.
Take full advantage of the fast speed the Optus 4G network offers. If you're outside the official 4G 'coverage zone', using an external antenna can help you lock on, or increase the signal strength and speed of your 4G connection. To learn more about the Optus 4G network please see our Optus 4G Guide
Huawei E589 External Antenna
This modem operates on the Optus 4G network (1800MHz) and the Optus 3G networks (900 & 2100MHz).
Here are some popular antennas for the Optus E589:
- For the house: Dual 17dBi Optus 4G Grid Antennas
- For the house: 16dBi Roof Mounted Yagi Antenna
- For the car: RFI 7.5dBi Bullbar Antenna
- For the boat: ZRFI 7.5dBi Folding Antenna Kit
Which connector type do I need?
We offer both the standard FME connector that you will find on 90% of antenna cables, and the less common SMA connector sometimes used. The following images will help you identify which connector your antenna cable has, and consequently what patch lead you require. If you don't yet have an antenna, you can find what connector your antenna will have at the bottom of it's description.