Many mobile service providers have not supported the use of personal repeaters on their network. This is due to the interference they can cause when connected to the network, or when they are setup incorrectly. The Cel-Fi system is the only personal repeater that has been widely approved by carriers in Australia.
The Smart Repeater system is very different to a standard repeater, as it was designed to provide maximum coverage, be network friendly and can be easily installed by the end user.
It does this in several ways by:
- continuously monitoring power levels of the cell tower it is connected to and constantly adjusting its output power to suit.
- only amplifying and disbursing a particular carrier’s mobile signal, operating within a set frequency band.
- giving the service provider the ability to shut down the repeater remotely if needed, using a signal from the base station.
- not interfering with the carrier’s network or other users on the network.
- having a unique installation process to eliminate feedback into the mobile network.