This map will display expected performance for wireless broadband in different areas. There are two versions of this map, for the most useful information please switch to 'Detailed Map'. You will now be able to toggle between 3G and 4G map versions which have different colour legends.
Telstra 3G Mobile Broadband Speeds
- Blue: Telstra Next-G DC-HSPA+, speeds up to 43.2Mbps down, 14.4Mbps up
- Light Blue: Telstra Next-G HSPA+, speeds up to 21.6Mbps down, 7.2Mbps up, with optical fibre backhaul
- Orange: Telstra Next-G HSPA, supports speeds up to 14.4Mbps down, but often capped at 3.6 - 7.2Mbps due to limited backhaul capacity.
Telstra 4G Mobile Broadband Speeds
4GX coverage refers to the availability of the new 700MHz 4G, which can provide faster speeds in areas with 1800MHz and/or 2600MHz 4G coverage via carrier aggregation (with a compatible Cat-6 device).
- Green: Telstra 4GX LTE coverage, speeds up to 200Mbps down, 50Mbps up
- Blue: Telstra 4G LTE coverage, speeds up to 100Mbps down, 50Mbps up